[Rhodes22-list] More traveler gladness

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Jun 6 22:14:08 EDT 2014

Y'all:

     The traveler joy increases.  I sailed with my buddy today, in trying wind conditions, on the Upper Chesapeake.  He's not a Rhodie, but it's not his fault. He was quite impressed with EVERY aspect of the traveler.  He was a little put off by the ample rigging, but once I put it to use and its benefits became clear, he was unable to contain his amazement.

     He remembered the old rig (and how seldom I unwound it) and pronounced (and these were his words, though paraphrased): "[Stan Spitzer] is one well endowed (intellectually, I believe he meant) engineer to have made this thing so well suited to performance on this boat."

     So, amazement travels out of the Rhodes 22 coven, and is not dependent on being a hypnotized by Stan's ample endowments.  And his engineering ability.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River, MD