[Rhodes22-list] Summer Begins...finally!

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jun 8 22:53:45 EDT 2014

Part 2... With the mast straight and my bilges dry I discovered that my IMF
was resisting unfurling...would only come out about 2/3 of its
length....from reading several posts decided not to force things but wait
and see what would happen on my first sail. I would sail a port tack and see
if that solved the problem....it did, almost. For some reason I couldn't get
the last 2 inches of the main to come out...resigned to sail with 98% of my
main until I could solve the problem, I suddenly noticed the stopper knot on
my furling line pinned up against the bottom of the boom...I had not allowed
enough excess line when I rigged it. So I just released the knot and pulled
the line out from the boom....voila! A slight tug on the sail and there it
was,...in 100% of it's fully unfurled glory! I could go on but suffice it to
say....I had a great first sail on Long Island's Great South Bay! It's
summer again! Looking forward to a great season...hope yours is too!

-----
Chris Greco
Long Island, NY
Great South Bay