[Rhodes22-list] Disconnected Rub Rail

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Jun 30 13:12:24 EDT 2014

Hello everyone.
Does anyone have experience dealing with a detached portion of their rub rail?
Approximately three feet of our rub rail detached from the hull when the hull slipped under the edge of the finger pier during a storm, thus pulling the rub rail and its screws out from the hull.
I tried using a commercial marine glue from Home Depot. I glued the rub rail back and reinserted the screws into their respective holes, but the tension in the rub rail pulled the screws right back out and the rail remained detached.
The rub rail sits lightly against the hull at the affected area but getting it to glue into the exact proper position is another matter.
Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Frank and Linda George
Rhodies since 2011