[Rhodes22-list] Disconnected Rub Rail

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Jun 30 13:33:04 EDT 2014

Don't use screws or glue. Pop rivets.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/30/2014 1:12:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org writes:

Hello everyone.
Does anyone have  experience dealing with a detached portion of their rub
rail?
Approximately  three feet of our rub rail detached from the hull when the
hull slipped under  the edge of the finger pier during a storm, thus pulling
the rub rail and its  screws out from the hull.
I tried using a commercial marine glue from Home  Depot. I glued the rub
rail back and reinserted the screws into their  respective holes, but the
tension in the rub rail pulled the screws right back  out and the rail remained
detached.
The rub rail sits lightly against the  hull at the affected area but
getting it to glue into the exact proper  position is another matter.
Any advice you may have would be greatly  appreciated.
Thank you.
Frank and Linda George
Rhodies since  2011