[Rhodes22-list] Replacement outboard motor options

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon May 12 18:00:21 EDT 2014

Lynn,

On my previous R22 I had a yamaha throttle remote mounted on the port
side aft rail - mounted on a pieceof Starboard clamped to the rail with
Helm rail clamps which, unfortunately, don't seem to be made any
longer.  I have a photo but not a JPG file and couldnt seem to attach it
but if you provide me your e-mail address I can send it off the list.
On my replacement R22, I am probably going to mount a teleflex remote on
the Gunwhale under the rail. This will allow me to both hide the cables
from the remote to the motor and keep them out of the way of the
captain's seats.  This installation is a WIP.  Be aware that there have
been some other changes to the 9.9 that affect how you use the throttle
remote and the tiller motor linkage if you have that as well.

Bruce

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II (I)