[Rhodes22-list] IMF

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon May 19 07:33:06 EDT 2014

John,
There are several reasons this could happen. First thing is to lubricate
the lower bearing with WD-40 or some other marine lubricant. With  the
bearing moving freely, unfurl the main sail, keeping pressure on both  lines. Once
fully extended, raise the boom to just above level. Keeping pressure  on
the outhaul, furl the main. It should roll up nice and tight. If not, perhaps
there is an experienced Rhodie near you that can help.
Another possible reason for this happening is that the sail itself is not
stretched tightly from top of furling tube to bottom. I've seen where the
strap  at the top has broken. This is an easy fix with the mast down.

Rummy

In a message dated 5/18/2014 7:59:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,