[Rhodes22-list] Launch question - newbie Rhodes 22 owner

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Nov 3 21:24:17 EST 2014

Brooks:  You may want to give it a try without the extender; however, my experience with a Jeep GC 4x4 was not successful.  The Tundra may get the boat in far enough for it to float off the trailer - of course the slope of the launch ramp will be the critical factor.  If it is a shallow sloping ramp, you will need the extender.  If using the extender be sure that you do not back it down to the end of the ramp as that will give you another problem - trailer wheels hung up on the drop off.  So if you use the extender you only want to back it in far enough to allow the boat to float off.   Oh and to add further to your concerns is tide!  High is probably better than low.

The mast raising system is pretty easy if you follow the directions.

We will be launching in a couple of weeks down in Florida - winter is our sailing season.  We will have to use the extender.  Takes a few extra minutes -ten or so, but gives us the ability to have the boat float off easily.

Bob on the s/v "NoKaOi 3"