[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Tamer

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Nov 15 09:42:27 EST 2014

Bruce,

While not quite 230 lbs, I have always depended on being able to perform
"remote course corrections" by moving about the boat.  As you move, the boat
heels and the rudder angle changes.  The magnitude of the effect may be
changed by adjusting the rudder blade depth.   Why fight it by constantly
adjusting the tiller?  Consider it a "feature" of the R22 and set the tiller
appropriately before moving about.

Mike
s/v <-no name -> ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY