[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit instrumentation

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Nov 21 15:12:41 EST 2014

It depends on where you sail and how far you travel. For primarily day sailing in somewhat protected water (Lake Ontario) I have managed fine with a compass. A knot log , speed and wind direction instrumentation, which I also have is fun and helps you sail a bit better but not necessary. A VHF radio is a good precaution particularly if you sail beyond the range of your cell phone. For long sails and particularly overnight sailing an auto-helm is almost essential.

For what it is worth...

Graham