[Rhodes22-list] RummyRummyRummy, et al

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Nov 29 15:33:13 EST 2014

I have been using a whisker pole with the spiked end for years without difficulty. Obviously you need to have tension on the sheet to keep it in place but I have not found that to be difficult to do.
An advantage is that the spiked end can be fed into the clew without having to bring the sail inboard. Once the spike is inserted into the clew you release the tension on the sheet while pushing on the pole just enough to allow the other end to be attached to the mast and you then crank in the sheet until the sail is in the correct position. Similarly, you can remove the pole without bringing the sail in.

Graham