[Rhodes22-list] 2 winterizing questions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Oct 6 22:34:25 EDT 2014

Just took delivery of my "new" Recycled 1998 Rhodes on Sept. 26. Having a
great time with the boat, but starting to anticipate dealing with 2 features
next month that I have never had on previous boats -- winterizing the head
and the sink. Have done some searching on this forum and some other sites,
but still not sure, so would appreciate your advice. Here is what I am
considering:
Head -- pump the holding tank dry then add some ethylene-glycol antifreeze
to the tank and the bowl.
Sink -- If I run the water out of the tank just using the faucet, is there
still enough water in the lines to freeze and cause damage? What I have read
online is to leave the tank dry and add propylene-glycol to the line, but I
don't know how to access just the line on this boat.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bob Weiss
Yet-to-be-named 2014 Recycled Rhodes 22