[Rhodes22-list] Battery switch question: 1, 2 or both

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Oct 16 07:47:32 EDT 2014

A general information note from the general (boats)

Those boats that are delivered with two batteries, and also lucky enough
to have the 4 position battery switch, should find that the "Off"
position takes both batteries out of all systems except the solar
charging wiring.  The "Both" position has both batteries connected to
the house circuit and the motor related circuit. This position is for
when the need is to be using the house and motor circuits at close time
intervals.  Otherwise use the "1" or "2" position for either the house
or the motor circuits (I never remember which goes to which but luckily
the electrons do). This isolates the batteries so if one breaks down it
will not take the other with it.

ss (obsolete Purdue BSEE)