[Rhodes22-list] New Rhodes owner

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Oct 22 11:15:31 EDT 2014

SUSAN:

     I am your "Buddy on the Bohemia" (as it were). My blue hull '87 Rhodes is on a mooring at Long Point Marina.  We just brought her home on Sunday, and she's been on the hard for over a month.  I have not sailed since mid  July, when I shattered my wrist in a slip on my buddy's boat right there at Long Point. I am sidelined till next season. Let me know where your boat is, and I will look for it in April.

     The R-22 is a perfect boat to single-hand: quick and responsive.  They heel nicely, and the huge cockpit allows movement that other (even larger) boats deny their crews.  I hope Stan included the new traveller rig. It is a worthwhile addition, if you do not have it.  Stay in touch, and I will see you in the spring.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River MD
(now on the hard) in Horsham PA