[Rhodes22-list] Boat doesn't come up into wind

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Sep 8 15:24:06 EDT 2014

I've only had one other boat besides the Rhodes, but it and everything I read
sez that when you let everything go, the boat should come up into the wind.
Mine doesn't, unless the wind really gusts it over hard.  On a normal sail,
even with the jib only modestly unfurled, she sails ahead straight as an
arrow.  Which is usually nice, but since I single-hand it I bet if I fell
overboard, I'd feel that was less of an advantage.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bruce M.
S/v Tuxedo