[Rhodes22-list] Ballast

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Apr 1 15:05:20 EDT 2015

I have a true 1974 and it has concrete ballast. Starts under the water tank and forward bunk and stops just before the keel well. During my rebuild I had to replace the stringers, framing and decking. I also cut in stringer scupper style drains so the bilge water does not pool up and stay trapped. In Arizona humidity and condensation are not a issue but I also put hinges on my cabin sole plate so I can lift them up to inspect, clean and air out the bilge on occasion.

Fred Haag
Mesa, Az

Fred

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone