[Rhodes22-list] New boat questions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Aug 14 09:47:38 EDT 2015

I had similar groaning from my rudder (1984) and I found it to be where the
tiller attatches to the top of rudder. The bolts holding the tiller to the
rudder were a little loose and simply tightening them up solved the problem.

I would go with a 20" shaft otherwise, if your engine mount is like mine,
you won't be able to get the entire engine out of the water when you are at
moorings.  My Tohatsu 8.5 HP 2005 model performs flawlessly

Happy sailing
Richard
S/V Waif