[Rhodes22-list] Keeping outboard up well above water line

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Aug 15 15:08:17 EDT 2015

When my outboard (Yamaha 9.9. 85 pounds) is raised by pressing the rocker
switch it slips down when releasing the button. We are thinking it could be
weak batteries? (Solar panels?) At issue is keeping the engine up once
raised. Last year was no problem.  Because the boat was purchased a year
ago, I'm not sure of the age of the batteries or how to test the solar
panels other than observing that the engine does rise and lower without a
problem. Any ideas?  Thanks.

Jay Weiss
HANALI R22 1998
Poughkeepsie, NY