[Rhodes22-list] Boat Heaters

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Feb 3 08:04:33 EST 2015

Hi Joel,

On our 6-month cruise, we used our propane stove to take chill off in the
morning and evening.  I got up to make our coffee and ran it after making
coffee until cozy. Stove had 2 burners but it was a pretty big cabin
compared to Rhodes.

We had 3 or 4 really cold nights in Ft Lauderdale - low 40's - and paid for
marina slip and used electric heat.

We had a CO monitor.

Also had a mattress pad - very nice for warming up the bed before crawling
in.  Left it on a few really cold nights and at a low setting found it
didn't draw that much - cycled on and off and only on 1/6 of the time.
Mattress pads use a lot less power than electric blankets. Only had two 90
AH deep cycle batteries.

Brooks Bridges
Cambridge MD
R22 86/2006 "Changes"