[Rhodes22-list] New Joint of Deck and Hull

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Feb 5 15:29:52 EST 2015

I have received a lot of emails concerning my ideas on Deck to hull  leak repair.  Some people said don't glass other said use glass.  Some pointed out articles that stated to glass, other pointed to articles stated to use 5200.  Seems to me that Glassing and 5200 are about the same in terms of  bonding and later in removing.

Some liked the idea of a strong, ridge side, some were concerning about not being flexible.

Some, like the glass inside the hull but did not like the glass outside.  Others thought that glass would ruin the boat for various reasons, while others thought that the glass would increasing the worth of the boat.

The boat spend most of its sailing days in Florida.  I do want to point out that my pop rivets were corroded and in some cases totally gone.  Some of the rivets were nothing more thin aluminum around white dust. (Chemical reaction of aluminum and salt water )

So, I am a not a little confused!!!  I am a lot confused.

However, I realize more replies will give me more options to consider and to select a good one.  Not sure there is a GREAT and ONLY ONE.

Thanks, and keep the comments coming,
Chuy