[Rhodes22-list] Battery

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Feb 15 15:44:20 EST 2015

John, my two year old recycled boat came with two Duracell lead acid type, Group 27 batteries. Mine are not "marine" batteries. It also came with two stock solar panels.

Do you have power at your slip or storage area? If so, you might consider buying a battery charger to keep them topped off. The newer chargers will not overcharge and will ensure they are kept in peak condition.

If you end up needing new batteries, I'd go with inexpensive Walmart or Costco brand group 27 replacements.

If you want to splurge...go with AGM type batteries.

Lastly, another option might be a move south. Just kidding...you are in a beautiful part of the country.

Cheers,
Ted

S/V AIRPOWER
1991/2013 R22