[Rhodes22-list] Trailer

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Jan 2 13:07:59 EST 2015

Hey Bob,

One ofthe big pro's for the dual axle are that the boat will track better behind you when pulling. Single axle trailers tend to swing around a lot more,  especially if the road is a little rough or uneven.

A big Con file dual axle trailers is higher toll fees if you live in an area with a lot of toll roads.

Also,  the dual axle will cause slightly lower gas mileage due to having twice the rolling resistance. It isn't a huge difference,  but can be a consideration if you ate going to be hauling the trailer a lot.

A pro in favor of the single axle.  They manuver much easier when backing because of the reduced rolling resistance.

If you are going to be hauling the boat a lot,  I personally would choose the dual axle trailer just for the stability and safety.  If you are mostly going to be moving the boat from the storage lot to the boat ramp with a rare road trip,  I would choose the single axle.

Hope this helps,

James