[Rhodes22-list] Doyle UPS sail experience, helm balance, etc.

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Jan 14 09:29:16 EST 2015

Thanks Mary Lou !

Great news you like it so much and nice to hear it goes upwind fairly well.
I'm getting psyched.

Of course I have more questions.

Do you furl it a bit to tack?

How is the helm with your set up?  I was pleasantly surprised to find that
with the 175 completely unfurled, I had a very slight weather helm ( I did
add an inch to bow attach point to rake mast back a hair)

Yes, it has the halyard. What's a halyard restrainer?

It's out in my garage so if I go look at it, how do I tell if it has
continuous line furling?

I do have nice long genoa track that goes back past winches.

I'm looking forward to getting up your way this summer. Hope we can connect
at some point .

Like to revisit the Chester River too - had a great sail there in my Nonsuch
- looks a bit like England.

Brooks Bridges
R22 1986/2006 (narrowing down list of names)
Cambridge, MD