[Rhodes22-list] Soul of the sole

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jan 15 11:59:02 EST 2015

Bob,
I've answered this question several times recently and my choice remains
the same. I use a product called NP1. It is a single part polyurethane that
is  extremely sticky, remains flexible and doesn't harden over it's expected
life  expectancy of 15 years when exposed to direct sunlight and weather.
Silicon is not a good choice as it does not adhere to surfaces. It is
designed to be used as a sealant,such as in installing gaskets which are under
pressure. It could be argued that the deck joint functions like this, but in
 reality it doesn't.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/15/2015 10:43:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,