[Rhodes22-list] Soul of the sole

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jan 15 22:56:06 EST 2015

Thanks Jerry!
Yes i had already decided to build a horizontal rib under the compression post.  The support there suffered the same fate as the stringers.  The bulkhead is in good shape (teak) so i will keep that and just fasten the rib to it.  I will have to cut little scuppers (or lightening holes?) to let water drain toward the bilge pump as well.

I have seen some great floor jobs in the archives. everything from teak and holly masterpieces to cozy factory style carpet.  I wonder how i could make the bilge breathe easier.  Like a slat floor or decking board with gaps.  Once i am rid of the mold i dont want condensation to stay under the floor and stir it up again.

Bob
palatka fl