[Rhodes22-list] How bad is my CB plate?(Bad, really bad)

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jan 18 11:39:40 EST 2015

Brooks,

At the risk of sounding like an alarmist, you have quite a mess on your
hands. Unless you are very comfortable doing fiberglass repairs, I think this
is  a repair best left up to Stan at the factory. Looking at the photo of
the centerboard trunk I see raw fiberglass fibers where there shouldn't be
any. The cracks around the holes in the cap are all deformed due to the
unusual  amount of compression applied to the cap. You really need a new cap. The
only  way I know of to repair the cap would be to drill out all the damage
areas and  fill them back in with fiberglass, sand smooth and then drill the
holes hoping  that you have matched everything with the holes in the trunk
and have a  perfectly flat surface. This is going to be a difficult repair.
This is going to take a lot of forethought and planning before you start
this repair. Again, I think you need a new cap to be totally happy with the
repair. Keep in mind that I only saw three photo's and have no idea what
else is  there.
Just my two cents worth.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/17/2015 8:19:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,