[Rhodes22-list] How bad is my CB plate?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jan 18 22:48:20 EST 2015

I see three problems with this approach to flowing on a epoxy resin surface.
First, the trunk flange would have to be absolutely level or the epoxy would
be much thicker at one side or end than the other. Getting the boat adjusted
so that the trunk top is perfectly level would be very difficult. Second,
the cap will not likely be perfectly flat. Even if you get it level, if it
isn't flat the resin will just run off. Applying a paste to the cap flange
and clamping it to a flat surface flattens the cap flange and creates a
perfectly flat surface. Third, epoxy resin by itself is not nearly as strong
as when it has an appropriate filler.

Graham