[Rhodes22-list] How bad is my CB plate?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jan 18 22:58:05 EST 2015

Graham,

Yes,  chop is the loose cut fibers,  it also comes in a mat.

The last book i read said that modern construction methods for fiberglass use a woven-mat-woven layup pattern to gain the most strength. there was discussion of some specialty single direction fiberglass as well but that it isn't used as much due to cost of the materials.

My father in law,  showed me a way to pre-impregnate the glass,  stick it to the repair site and then go over it again with epoxy to smooth it out.

I am waiting for some slightly warmer weather to put my book learning to the test. Should be interesting to see if i can manage to not coat myself more than the boat.

James

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android