[Rhodes22-list] Another leak possibility - CB control line tube

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jan 20 09:30:43 EST 2015

Hi All,

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n49344/IMG_1444.jpg>

To get CB cap out I had to cut and remove a 1" ID tube that sort of screwed
onto the threaded area of the nylon piece with a smaller tube on top - see
picture.

Concerns, questions:
1) The big nut part of nylon right at point of attachment to CB cap seemed
to rotate a few deg  when I was trying to get old hose off. I'm afraid that
it might leak now. Can I just unscrew it from CB plate and use plumber’s
tape on its internal threads to reseal? Or ??

2) The upper part: Looks like I could push (and clamp) a smaller vinyl tube
onto the nipple instead of a 1” ID tube connecting to the threads.
Pros/Cons?

And note: It seemed to me that when there was rain water in trough where CB
line comes in from cockpit, I could see water drops occasionally coming down
out side of CB tube into interior. I haven’t tried to see how top of tube
connects to hole from cockpit.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Brooks Bridges
86/06 R22 "Changes"
Cambridge, MD

PS: I don't see how people with boats without such a great user group keep
their boats up.  I'd be lost.