[Rhodes22-list] Another leak possibility - CB control line tube

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jan 20 22:08:34 EST 2015

Brooks:

Good. You might have gotten away with screwing down the cap and gooping
silicone on it but it is a simple process to replace the thru-hull and they
are available everywhere that sells boat stuff. The point is that if the
quick fix doesn't work it probably will mean removing the cap and going
through all that effort again. For the sake of not repeating that process it
makes sense to replace, or at least reseat, the thru-hull now.

When a thru hull leaks it leaks around the flange - not the threads. The big
nut only applies pressure to the cap while the sealant sets and keeps it in
place. If the thru-hull turns the seal is likely broken.

Graham