[Rhodes22-list] Broken tiller

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Jul 1 10:58:34 EDT 2015

My tiller broke in two this week. It split at the point where the tiller exits
the housing holding the rudder. About two years ago I traded my old Rhodes for
a refitted one from Stan and it came with an electrics starting motor with
controls bolted onto the tiller-not with a nut just screwed into the wood. it
broke at the point here the bolts are so apparently that is a weak
spot.Obviosly I need a new tiller. I note comments about a fiberglass
tiller.Not sure Iwould want one but how would the controls attach?
In the meantime I will try shortening the tiller to keep going pending a new
one.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Harry
Molly Gae