[Rhodes22-list] Need tow vehicle recommendation

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jul 12 17:32:45 EDT 2015

Rummy, what you have written is good advice.  I have a 2003 4-Runner with V-6 and 4WD.  The 4-Runner is a body on frame vehicle and handles towing very well. I installed Air Lift air springs to help level the vehicle when towing or carrying a load.  They work great and I would recommend them.  They mount inside the coil springs and are straight-forward to install.

The longest trip i have made with it is when I picked up my Rhodes (with a twin axle trailer) in Minneapolis and towed it to upstate, NY.   All in all, the V6 4-Runner could use a little more power, but is a solid vehicle for towing.

Don
Ithaca, NY