[Rhodes22-list] Lazarette Leak | to Cabin

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Jul 22 16:27:44 EDT 2015

Bob:  I had this same problem happen when i jacked up the front of my boat during my refit. That makes the aft seat groove overflow quicker. The foam flotation doesnt stop water from moving to from the lazarette to the bilge.  This has positives and negatives.  One you dont have to have a lazarette bilge pump but the disadvantage is a wet bilge when the drains stop up.  Those seat drains are the biggest flooding vunerability of the boat.  Use big through hulls and corrogated tubing and keep them clean and the boat out from under trees!
If you must dock, moor or park the boat under trees i would suggest a boom tent made from sunbrella or even sunshade material to keep the leaves out of those drains.
Hope that helps.

Bob (palatka)