[Rhodes22-list] An app just for fun

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jul 23 08:37:12 EDT 2015

Thought I would share this app in case there is someone else out there who
likes this kind of thing. MotionX GPS is an iPhone app that can keep track
of your sailing route and report location, distance, time and speed. It is
easy to share this info to any email, as well as Facebook and Twitter. I
think someone can even follow your track while it is happening, but I have
not done that. I usually plug my phone into the 12v system on the boat to
keep it charged, as GPS usage runs the battery down. The app generates a gps
file and a klm file that you can import into Google Earth. Or you can see
the track on the app's website, along with a summary of speed, distance,
etc. I find it fun to see all this info.  I'll attach one of my tracks on
Kentucky Lake (without all the summary info.)
Bob
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n50452/track.jpg>

-----
Bob Weiss