[Rhodes22-list] Jerk to Inflate

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Jun 1 11:11:49 EDT 2015

No harm no foul. Happens all the time, Chris. At least "the guy" was smart enough to put it on.

I really need to get into the habit when I am singlehanded also. I am usually just in the St Johns River, but it can be up to 2 miles from shore if I go over in the middle of the wider sections. I am a good swimmer, but one knock on the head and it could be game over.

I thought about at least wearing the waist only type. However, when the conditions call for it, I always wear an well-made PFD. I also drag a floating line and practice pulling down the swim ladder while in the water. Sometimes I leave it down and drag it also.

I hope she rounds up into the wind if I ever fall overboard!

Cheers,
Ted

S/V AIRPOWER
1991/2013 R22