[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cockpit when motoring

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Jun 10 07:40:46 EDT 2015

You would also want to remove a drain plug if the winds are so strong
or gusty there is a chance you will take large amounts of water over
the bow (see David Dawson's account of high winds on the Little
Choptank (http://www.rhodes22.org/blew_skies/dawson.html  - about
halfway through the story) or if you sail in an area and at times
when powerboat wakes are an issue. You want the cockpit to drain
quickly at times like these. Our boats are usually such dry boats,
it's always a surprise when you get boarded by a wave but it can
happen in a number of situations.

It's not an issue for us with only two of us on the boat. If it was a
problem I'd probably try Rick's suggestion of the door stop glued to
the hull forward of the drain.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless