[Rhodes22-list] Leave Bimini up? Anchor rode rope to chain connection? IMF Main storage

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jun 18 18:41:59 EDT 2015

Brooks,

Bimini: I leave mine up a lot of the time. No problems to date, but I guess it is a risk worth taking. It would take a pretty good blow to damage the Bimini. Now that I said that I am sure a wicked FL thunderstorm will come take out my Bimini. Oh well.

Anchor: like you, I keep my anchor on the bow and rode in the laz. When I am ready to deploy the anchor I go forward with rode (rope with 6ft chain) and a shackle. My rope and chain are already spliced together. Simply shackle the rode with chain to the anchor and drop anchor. I've often thought about using a more quick release type like a stainless carabiner, but haven't tried it yet. Then again, I usually anchor in about 4-6 ft of water.

Imf: I also secure my IMF mainsail clew to reduce the stress on the sail. I simply wrap it around the mast and secure with bungie cord. ( I am horrible with knots)

Cheers,
Ted

S/V AIRPOWER
1991/2013 R22