[Rhodes22-list] Leave Bimini up? Anchor rode rope to chain connection? IMF Main storage

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jun 18 21:07:05 EDT 2015

Hi Brooks,
We do fold up our bimini, cover it and tie it in
an upright position to the boom every time we
leave the boat. Ours has aluminum bows and we
figure the bimini would act like a sail and they
would get mangled in some of our thunderstorms
with 60 mph winds. It's faded and worn but we've gotten 16 years out of it.

As to the anchor we leave the anchor attached to
the chain permanently and carry both anchor,
chain and rode forward. the only attachment we
have to make is the rode to the foredeck cleat.

We tie down the fulring line really well and then
put tension on the outhaul to keep the sail from
moving about so much when furled. This worked
better with our old main than with the new battened main.

Best,

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD