[Rhodes22-list] Wanna be questions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Mar 26 13:31:55 EDT 2015

Thanks  for the responses so far.    Fred, Graham, Mary Lou.    The journey of Enosis and the active list (not just dates for the next regatta) are definitely fun reads, you guys sell the boat well.   I'm sorry about the garbled ??? post.   I tried to save time by pasting a word document.   Apparently Outlook didn't like it.
Ted.   I'd found your Airpower online, and have already been admiring her.   Your bos'n looks like he's having a blast.  The ability to raise the mast and sail solo are important.
Stan's upgraded construction methods and the foam core were important criteria for me.   I read posts from the farmer (Nebraska?) who tried and failed to rebuild a very soft old Rhodes.   I wish he had posted autopsy photos when he scrapped the hull.   Somebody did that on the little sister of my Bucc (Mutt 15).   It was very informative.
There was one discussion regarding the centerboard cap leaking below the waterline, and flooding a boat.    How much of a concern should this be?   I get the impression this boat has an actual bilge under the cabin sole, unlike most other designs?
Since I don't have a varied experience. I welcome any contrasts those of you who are in sailboat hot spots may be able to offer.
Alex