[Rhodes22-list] stan vs Rummy from stan

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun May 10 16:02:09 EDT 2015

Stan,

Are just the machine bolts threaded into the plywood core sufficient to
attach the mast hoist cabin roof block for the initial installation?  Is
nothing more needed to protect against water intrusion into the core?

To re-attach a torn out mast step plate from a rotted base, I did pretty
much did what you advise for the mast hoist block.  That is, to take the
plate attachment screws, I pushed wood dowels slightly wider than the
screws into still soft penetrating epoxy.

When a rum imbibed mast crane operator thought he was pulling a keel
stepped mast, damage to the cabin roof gelcoat was disastrous. How would it
be any different with the way you re-attach the mast hoist block?

Wearing my fire suit,

Rick