[Rhodes22-list] Installation of Edson wheel steering

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Nov 22 21:43:27 EST 2015

I must add that this is a radical change to the R22, in my opinion.  I have been sailing both larger (35’ to 41”) and numerous smaller boats (25’ down to 12’) for over 50 years now and much prefer the tiller on smaller craft as you get a much better feel for the boats operation with the ability to enhance its performance.  So unless there is a medical or physical issue, I’d recommend that you sail with the tiller for a period before committing to converting to wheel.

Bob in Stuart R22 “NoKaOi 3”