[Rhodes22-list] Diamond Board

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Oct 1 11:29:15 EDT 2015

Slim,
Consider if you want the pump to be switched on or always on.  Always on, is, well, always on.  Just want to make sure there is some sort of check valve in the discharge line to keep the pump from continuously cycling.  Pump turns on and pumps water into discharge hose, float shuts pump off, water flows back out of hose into holding area, pump turns on....  Easy to kill batteries in such a manner.  I've got mine on a switch and I turn it on when I get on the boat.  Almost never any water to pump, but if there is, you can here when it's done and I cut it off.  My preference is on a switch unless for some reason you get a lot of water in the bilge.  Just my 2 cents. - Rob Lowe