[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit drain

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Oct 13 11:49:21 EDT 2015

   Depending on the age of the connecting hose and how straight the run
   is, there is a possibility of piercing the tubing. I replaced mine and
   the tubing was brittle and cracked quite easily. The drain and the
   thru-hull were not aligned so there was an S curve in the hose.
   Todd T
   --
   Sent from my Android phone with [1]mail.com Mail. Please excuse my
   brevity.

   The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     Having recently removed and replaced the drain scabbard, thru-hull
     and
     joining hose I can tell you that it is extremely unlikely that you
     will
     damage anything in the drain by poking out debris. It practically
     takes
     dynamite to remove the drain as the material used is incredibly
     strong.
     Graham Stewart
     Agile. R22, 1976
     Kingston Ontario Canada