[Rhodes22-list] Boom locking pin releases

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Oct 14 07:33:36 EDT 2015

Hi Lynn:
     I'll wager that this is just a matter of a tired spring.  I have (by necessity) dismantled the pin and spring for the car that holds the pop top. Once the mast is lowered, you'll have access to  these two cars.  Slide them off the bottom of the mast and do the work inside on your workbench. GBI may be able to provide a replacement (you need to ask nicely).

     Of course, this may be a matter of some malformation in the hole (on the mast) that receives the pin,or a problem with the pin itself.  In the first case, I believe you could drill another hole in the mast in the vicinity of the old one and be good.  In the case of a broken pin, you will need to contact GBI, unless you can fabricate one on your own. This is something I can think of, but not actually do myself.

     Whatever the problem turns out to be, you will need to get that mast down before you can do anything but think about it (like me).

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River MD