[Rhodes22-list] Boom locking pin releases

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Oct 14 15:39:53 EDT 2015

I had the same problem Lynn, and wound up replacing the pin with one
from Zoro that looked like this - https://www.zoro.com/search?q=plunger+pin

Part of the problem was that the pin was only supported laterally by the
plastic of the slide (not by a metal sleeve), and part was that it
wasn't long enough. In addition, the hole in the mast was a bit too
large for my liking, but I could have lived with that if the pin was
beefy enough.

The new pin looks like
https://www.zoro.com/innovative-components-plunger-pin-ring-063-in-38-16-028-3jcy9/i/G0305541/
- one of the pieces from the "plunger pin" search above. I had to drill
& tap the plastic to accommodate the new pin, but once the boom iss
locked in place now, it's there for the duration - no more falling!

I won't have access to the boat until the middle of December, so can't
take pix or measure it - but the above should point you in the right
direction - or at least the direction I took!

Dennis
Magic Moments
Takin' a break & heading south :)