[Rhodes22-list] FW: Tabernacle brace

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Oct 14 16:50:39 EDT 2015

I believe the most common reason for the tabernacle to pull out when
lowering the mast is failure to have the pop-top slider in the raised
position in the mas slot or failure to close the sliding hatch on the
pop-top (been there, done that) either of which create a fulcrum
effect and allow the mast (the lever) to pry the tabernacle loose.
Filling the holes with sawdust/toothpicks and epoxy and then
resetting the screws worked just fine for us. It was nearly 15 years
ago and we haven't had a problem with it since. (knock on wood)

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD