[Rhodes22-list] Learning how the Rhodes drains

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Oct 18 13:37:41 EDT 2015

The Lark is on the hard, being prepared for winter layup.   Stan had included the toilet owner's manual in the boat, I found it while cleaning.   My model says not to use antifreeze but to remove a couple fittings and drain.  Oh well.   Not hard.
As I cleaned and admired the new toy, I noticed a couple inch diameter black hoses draining into the cockpit, aft under the seats by the lazarette .  What is their intended purpose?    I cannot tell where they originate.
It appears the lazarette is a tub with overflow into the cockpit under the seats.   It appears there is no other mechanism (in water or on the hard) to drain this aside from pumping.   Am I correct?   Is the cabin a third separate compartment to the level of the companionway threshold, or does it have weep holes  to other parts of the craft?
On to waxing.
2003 S/V Lark   Alex, Urbana Ohio