[Rhodes22-list] Learning how the Rhodes drains

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Oct 20 10:57:17 EDT 2015

Correct on the laz, you will have to pump; however, with 18 years of R22 ownership I think I may have had to sop up some water on two or three occasions.  The drains at the end of the seats are to allow the water to channel to the drain at the aft end of the cockpit.  I've only had water come up through that drain a couple of times and that is when you have a great deal of weight (dynamic ballast of guests aboard).  When we have guest aboard and "think" we may syphon water up through the drain, we put a plug in the slot.  You may actually have one of these drain plugs aboard, so check around.  If not, West Marine has them at a very reasonable price.

I spent a good deal of yesterday working on my motor lift as I had goofed and allowed my electric line, my gas line, and my safety line to become tangled up in the mechanism which broke the composite pice that holds the lifting bar.  One of the things I love about the Rhodes is that I am able to do all of the work myself without resorting to a professional at some outrageous hourly rate.

We'll splash early next month and enjoy the Florida winter getting in as many sails as possible before next years hurricane season.

Bob in Stuart, R22 "NoKaOi 3"

Sent from my iPad