[Rhodes22-list] Rigging

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Oct 25 23:08:50 EDT 2015

Raking the mast is pulling the top backward above the boom to improve the
shape of the mainsail for pointing.  Bending the mast is usually the
unintended result of inept tuning.

Here's a picture.  [image:
http://www.working-the-sails.com/images/mastrakebend.png]

Tilting does not change the shape of the mast or sail, only the position of
the mast top and sail.

Tilting to get a neutral helm is all we can do with the R22 IMF mast.  The
backstay tensioner can help a little, but it is more effective on the
headsail to help with pointing.

Regards,

Rick