[Rhodes22-list] Picnic

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Oct 26 18:13:44 EDT 2015

Thanks guys, learned even more.    I noticed the advertisement shows a rectangular centerboard, sailboatdata.com shows something suspiciously like the diamondboard.
Wheel steering on the bulkhead!    Runabouts I've worked on from that era had cable steering with turning blocks behind the dash and on the transom.  Any guesses on this boat?   Even a windscreen option is shown.
Did I read PP 6 right?   "Spars aluminum...  for roller reefing main" and "aluminum tube for self storing roller reefing  jib"!!!    In 1959?!   The main shows a full roach and battens on page 5.   I assume Stan got ahead of himself.   But still, a roller reefing jib had to be pretty trendy back then??
Convertible cockpit into a bunk.     It sounds  this was a gestation bed for many of Stan's refinements.
Alex