[Rhodes22-list] Boat Ramp Parking

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Oct 27 21:25:51 EDT 2015

I would find a private marina. Fees (launch, storage, mast raising assist etc.) are usually low and you have lots of options.  Your vehicle will be more safe from criminals and from totalitarian government rules while you are gone.  Last but not least you will meet sailors at the marina. They make great friends!

You will likely find that you want to leave the boat in the water for the summer.  Marina docking fees can be high but here in Florida every resident with a valid drivers license can own one mooring.  My local marina offers free parking and dinghy parking for $50 a month or a boat slip for $400/ month.  My mooring is a short row out from the marina or the public ramp.
In virginia my slip fee was $700/ year!
Hope that helps.

 Live free and SAIL!

Bob (palatka)